Aims, Philosophy & Values
Dringhouses Primary School lays the foundations for children to become life-long learners and builds confidence, independence and enthusiasm. We care for, support and value every single child and encourage each one to achieve the highest possible standards through offering an enjoyable and stimulating curriculum which develops creative, enquiring, understanding citizens.
"The school promotes British values effectively. Tolerance and respect thread through all aspects of the school's curriculum." - Ofsted, June 2015
Aims of the School
We aim to:
- Provide a well designed curriculum that engages learners, ensuring they all acquire the knowledge and skills needed for the next stage and beyond
- Have high expectations for learning, behaviours and outcomes within a well organised school environment
- Develop confident, resilient and independent learners who take pride in their achievements
- Support learners in caring for themselves, others and the environment leading to responsible, respectful, active citizenship
- Develop strong partnerships with parents/carers and the wider community
Education at Dringhouses Primary School is based on an overarching structure with a strong emphasis on the development of spiritual, moral, social and cultural education (SMSC). Tolerance, inclusion and respect are threaded throughout daily life in school – made explicit through a focus on the Dringhouses Values. These link through to the British Values as noted below. The philosophies behind ‘growth mindset’ also underpin this structure. We believe that high performance is primarily down to self-belief, hard work and good teaching. All classrooms reflect this. There is no ‘setting’ for any aspect of the curriculum with the children engaging in many lessons/activities in mixed ability pairs/groups and supporting each other with peer feedback. As a result children develop skills of co-operation, team-work and resilience from an early age. Our aims, values and curriculum combined with high expectations and ambition for all ensure that all children can enjoy and succeed. For further detail around the values, click on the document below.